I started my line of onesies and toddler tees with the "mission" of offering organic clothes to babies for the following reasons:
1. Organic cotton is grown and manufactured without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides or fertilizers.
2. It is a great alternative to chemically-based or synthetic fibers. Organic cotton is sustainable, renewable, biodegradable and makes an excellent choice as an environmentally-friendly fiber.
3. Organic farming strives for a balance with Nature, using methods and materials that are of low impact to the environment.
4. It is a perfect choice for babies' sensitive skin.
5. By consuming organic products, we are making a statement and adding your voice to the environmental movement.
Not only am I committed to the use of organic fabrics but screen printing is eco-friendly too, using non toxic water based inks (unlike the nasty petroleum based plastisol!). Good for babies, good for the environment.
I love what I do and think that precious newborns deserve an earth day everyday.
To go green is a state of mind and you'll find plenty of easy tips to follow in your daily life and tutorials on my EcoEtsy team's blog here
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Let's go green!
Earth day is at the corner and green is now so fashion! Some green from my shop, literally: